Saturday, March 28, 2009

Never Ready!

Why is it that Karlee always seems to do the cutest things and I never and I mean never catch it on video or camera. I hate that! I need to just hang both the video camera and regular camera around my neck since she's so unpredictable.
The other night as I'm getting her out of the bath tub she's singing songs and just being cutesy when all of sudden I hear One Nation, Under God and I stop and I'm thinking to myself is my 2 year old reciting the pledge of allegiance. I don't say anything because I'm amazed at how well she's saying this. So she ends it and I said wow Karlee you said the pledge and she looked at me like yeah so what. I'm sure she says it a lot at daycare or something because she seems to just learn more there than I ever imagined she would at 2. So I asked her if she could say it for me again and she did this time from beginning to end. Of course being the proud and happy mom I was, I had to let someone else here so I called mom and told Karlee to recite it to Nana, no don't want too. So after handing her the phone and mom asking her if she could say it she finally repeated it word for word again to Nana and Papaw.
I'm telling you that just thrilled me. I didn't learn the pledge until I was probably 5 or 6 and she already knows it at 2. That just surprised me. I now get more and more thrilled with her in daycare because I see how much she is learning and how much fun she has. She's saying her ABC's and counting to 10 in English and Spanish. She knows her colors some, but won't let you know that she truly knows them. If you ask her she will say it's blue or yellow when it's not but she knows them if you don't ask her. But anyway I hated taking her to daycare for the longest time but once she got past the baby stage and I realized how much this child learns I'm so thrilled to take her there now. Miss Tara Thank you if you are reading this. Karlee loves school and she loves Miss Tara.

4 comments:

  1. Hey thanks for the comment. You just send whatever you want monogrammed and I can do it. I have a few orders right now but I will have them done by Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww....that is great! I know you love hearing/seeing the benifit of Karlee being in daycare and I know I will eventually be the same with Marley. Kids can amaze us thats for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...how wonderful...kids can amaze us thats for sure...i know i will be the same with daycare as you are/were, but at least know you know how wonderful it is!

    ReplyDelete