Sunday, March 22, 2009

Shop til you drop!!

Friday I took off work to spend the day with Karlee before I left to go to Sparta to spend some time with my sister in law and family. Karlee and I didn't do much other than lay around and watch TV together. We played and read stories. It was just a nice day to do things with her. I got to cuddle with her so she would nap. I love that she still loves to be in mommy's arms.

So around 5pm on Friday I took her to my mother and father in laws so she could spend the night with them for the first time. I drove to Sparta, an hour and 20 min. away. I got there just in time to sit down to a nice dinner with Amy, Jon, Taylor, and Aubrie. It seemed funny to be there without Karlee and this was my first time spending the night away from her. She has only spent the night with my parents once since she was born. I don't mind it at all. It just seems different. It especially didn't feel right that I had left her at home this time. Since she doesn't get to see Taylor and Aubrie much, but Amy and I had big plans for Saturday.

So anyway Aubrie is 13 months and usually does not usually take up to anyone, but she just stuck right to me, she didn't want me out of her sight for awhile, it was cute. Taylor kept calling me girl, "Hey Girl", he never said my name but maybe once. He's going to be turning 3 in May. They are such sweet and good kids.

So anyway Saturday Amy and I got up and drove to Nashville an hour more from her house to go shopping for spring and summer clothes for not just the kids but us too at Opry Mills. It was great. I found lots of stuff for Karlee. Most everyone knows that I love to shop and I don't always think about what I'm spending until I've already spent it. Amy is a more caution or price watcher type shopper so it was kind of good having her with me because if I saw that she wasn't going to pay the price for something for Aubrie I thought long and hard about it for Karlee. I did still spend a lot more on Karlee than I had planned, but that's what I get for having a girl. It's too much fun shopping for little girls.

My favorite thing I bought her is a one piece bathing suit from Gymboree Outlet that is pink and white striped with a green turtle on the front above the cutest little skirt. I also found matching hot pink flip flops that have the turtle on top. Too cute. As soon as I got home I showed those to Karlee first thing and she of course had to take her other socks and shoes off to try them on. Too much fun! They are adorable. I did find a few things for me. I of course bought 3 pairs of shoes and several tops for myself. Karlee got lots more though.

Oh and when I got home she was at my Nanny's house with my parents. So when I got there she was hiding from me and when she heard my voice she came running to me about to cry. I guess she was just overly excited to see her mommy that had been gone from her for just a total of 24 hours. It made me happy to see she did miss me. I really needed this girls weekend though.

My sister and law and I have never really spent much time together so this was a nice way to get away from the kids and husbands, have our bonding time, and shop too. She's a stay at home mom and doesn't get out much with two children so I'm sure she enjoyed it as much as I did. I know we both go and do things but this was just really what I needed. It helped relieve stress and helped me just relax and have fun. All moms deserve a little free time every once in a while. I look forward to having the time and money to do it again.

2 comments:

  1. Hey I found your blog through Kelly's Corner. I live in Jacksboro, TN which is about 30 minutes away from k-town. Just thought I would say hi. Your little girl is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you had a good weekend...your right we all need weekends like that and I am glad everything went well with you being away from Karlee.

    ReplyDelete